PoliticsUSA

The United States and Turkey agreed to a cease-fire in Syria

Thursday, October 17, Vice President of the United States Mike Pence announced that the U.S. and Turkey agreed to a cease-fire in Syria.

After talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan Pence held a press conference announcing the news.

Negotiations between the Pence and Turkish leaders lasted more than four hours.

Even before the official statement by Mike Pence it was “announced” on Twitter President Donald trump, saying it was “excellent news” and adding that “millions of lives will be saved.”

Ahead of the meeting in Ankara, US officials warned Erdogan that he would face additional economic sanctions if not stop attacks on the Kurdish forces once entered into an Alliance with the United States in the fight against the Islamic state group (ISIS).

President Donald trump said Erdogan in a letter last week that the sanctions can destroy the economy of Turkey, and that the world “will always see you as the devil”.

It is noteworthy that the visit of the U.S. delegation to Turkey was held a day after trump saidthat the US is not interested in the protection of Kurdish fighters.

“Let them conduct their private war. They fought for thousands of years. The American people want our troops returned home, and I won the election, promising that. Good or bad, the way it is. I’m not going to get involved in the war between Turkey and Syria, and with all due respect, but the Kurds are not angels,” he said.

Source:

usa.one

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Please disable your ad blocker

We know you are here for the stories. Not the ads. But we need the ads to keep the lights on. So please whitelist Buzzon.live.