Today we are going to cook jam from Victoria, but the recipes are strawberries and strawberries. Although, I’m sure many readers don’t know what is different the same strawberries from Victoria?! Taking large berries in the markets or in the garden for strawberries. But is it really… Share your opinion!
Do You know the differences of strawberries from a strawberry or from Victoria? You can share observations in the comments below… And in the end, the most attentive to find out the main differences.
Below you will learn several delicious and popular recipes. And even the best of them! Decide which one you will like. But it would be better to prepare and try. Because, any jam from Victoria, it turns out — simply yum!
The most important thing. Many times used to call Victoria strawberries, and the recipes will be called. If you don’t mind…
Thick strawberry jam (Victoria) in winter, with whole berries. How to cook?
So, first we boil strawberry jam with whole berries. Just want to note that preparing for it is quite long, in several approaches, but it turns out very beautiful and extremely tasty.
In this recipe we will need strawberries smaller, it is faster to cook. And, it is desirable to choose the berries are practically the same size, it has not turned so that some will fall apart, and others still will not cook until ready. In this recipe we take 1 kilo of strawberries, 1 kilo of sugar.
1. The strawberries we put layers, alternating with sugar. And so, in a saucepan we put first a layer of strawberries (1/4 of the total number), then add exactly the same amount of sugar. Next, the strawberry layer on top of sugar. And, doing so until then, Paka berries and sugar over.
2. We cover the saucepan with a lid and let them, so stand up the whole night. So, we need to berry allocated more juice. On the morning, as a rule, juice is quite a lot. Now you need to be very careful not to damage the strawberries, mix well.
3. Then, we need to get the berries from the syrup. To do this, take a spoon and very carefully put them in a separate plate.
4. Next, we will deal with the syrup. Put on fire and stir continuously, it is necessary to completely dissolve the sugar. Once that happens, make a weak fire and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes. During this time, the syrup should be reduced, somewhere in the 1/4. But, it is necessary at least occasionally to stir, otherwise it may burn.
5. Turn off the fire and into the pan with the hot syrup, put the delayed strawberries.
6. Now, again you need to repeat the entire above process. This means you need to leave the strawberries in the syrup overnight (not less than 12 hours). After, to get berries with a slotted spoon and boil down the syrup. And, in the end we put the berries in the hot syrup. We can see that the strawberries have already decreased in size, and the syrup became thick.
Here, I will have you a bit upset, because this jam-making is not finished yet. You need to repeat the whole process 3 times, it’s really the last. For starters, the syrup with the strawberries again, leave for 12 hours.
7. After this time, the berries must be removed from the syrup, boil it for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While it cooks, prepare the jars and lids. They need a good wash and sterilize.
Further, the berries Victoria pour back into the pan and gently stir all together, cook for another 5 minutes. All, turn off the fire.
Hot jam pour in banks, cover with lids and roll. And here in this state, leave them to cool completely.
Recipe strawberry jam without cooking the berries (Victoria, strawberries or strawberries)
It is no secret that strawberries are rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C. But, during heat treatment is its destruction. And so, I would like to offer you a very wonderful recipe of strawberry jam, which we do not need heat treatment. It is perfect for preparation of jam for the winter. But the process of cooking is very simple.
- strawberry — 1 kg;
- the sand is sugar — 1.2 kg.
Keep in mind that the jam was long preserved, jars with lids should be well sterilized.
2. With tolkushkoy, it is desirable that it was wooden, slightly grind the strawberries with sugar. Berries grind is not much, some of them must remain intact. Next, leave the pan for 2 hours. During this time will appear the juice and sugar grains will not remain, it will be dissolved.
3. So, it took 2 hours. Now, pour the resulting jam in sterilized jars, but not completely. The Bank, in the area of the neck must remain free space, 1-2 cm, we complete the sugar. Thus, we get a kind of tube, and the jam will not skinetta.
4. All jars are clogging lids and put in refrigerator.
Keep in mind, as the jam has not passed thermal processing, will be longer it is stored only in the cold!
Jam from Victoria or strawberry — five minutes in the winter. Recipe of strawberry jam 5 the moment
There is another great way to preserve strawberries for the winter. And, unlike the previous, he quite fast. And sugar will go a lot less. By the way, due to the fact that the strawberries are not cooked for a long time, it retains the vitamins and amino acids in large quantity.
- strawberry — 1 kg;
- the sand is sugar — 600 grams;
- water — 250 ml.
Please note, in this recipe the strawberries are not mixed, so I put it in the container in which it will later boil.
2. Let us start to syrup. In a saucepan, pour cold water, add sugar, put on medium fire and cook until until the sugar has dissolved. Do not forget to stir. And, keep in mind, the water should boil!
3. Pour this hot syrup into a saucepan with the strawberries. Nothing stirred not necessary! So the berries remain whole. Now, the pan needs to cover. To do this, use a towel or plastic wrap. And, leave for 2 hours, the mass is cooled down.
4. Further, loans to banks and covers. They need a good wash and sterilize.
5. So, it took 2 hours and banks are ready, strawberries with syrup podostyl. Now, you need to put the saucepan with the ground again on medium heat and boil. But, spoon for stirring in any case not in use, simply pokazyvaem pan from side to side. A jam appeared foam, it needs to be removed. After boiling, the jam still need to boil for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
6. All our delicious, fragrant jam ready. Pour it in sterilized jars, cover with lids and roll. Now, there is only their cover with a towel and leave in this form to cool completely.
As you can see, with such a gentle method of cooking, with strawberries absolutely nothing happened, she didn’t seethe.
Recipe strawberry jam with large whole strawberries or Victoria
The next recipe that I want to offer you, also very delicious and wonderful. We need lemon and mint. But, we’ll use less sugar and lemon, so the jam will turn out a bit sour.
- strawberry — 1 kg;
- the sand is sugar — 700 grams;
- lemon — 1 piece;
- mint leaves — to taste.
2. After 8 hours you will see quite a lot of juice. The whole mass gently, and very lightly stir and put on fire. Then, here, put the mint and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
3. Now, take a lemon, wash it and dry with a paper towel. Next, you need to gently grate the peel from pulp squeeze juice also.
On a grater grate the yellow layer, white do not touch, otherwise it will taste bitter!
Add it all up in jam and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. All the jam is fully cooked. It remains his only pour into jars and close with lids.
Jam from Victoria without cooking the berries
And this recipe is my favorite because strawberry remains intact, and the syrup turns transparent-transparent. And there can be as many as you want, as sugar in this jam a bit. And of course it has its own nuances, such as berries should be whole, beautiful and healthy. And yet, it should be stored only in the place where it is cool.
Let’s start cooking, we are as usual with the jars and lids. Them well wash and sterilize them. Then, remove berries from the stalk, wash and dry them, put on a paper towel.
For cooking, I use cans of 0.5 liters. And so, they need to put the berries on top and, in each jar, add 100 grams of sugar. It, now strawberries with sugar you have to leave for some time. I usually do before bed and at night I have jars and stand.
During this time, berry juice stands out and they become less. As usually happens, for example, put on night three full jars, and in the morning watch, in which slightly more than half. Then, you just need to take one jar and its contents to shift in the other two.
Further, banks cover with lids. Take a fairly deep, convenient container, for example a saucepan, pour into it warm water and put back cans of strawberries. Included a medium heat and let they are sterilized in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
That’s all, delicious, extremely fragrant jam ready!
Strawberry jam with gelatin. Recipe with whole berries for the winter
And, in the end I want to offer another great recipe of strawberry jam. It is for those who like a thick jam, as, in the preparation of gelatin will be used.
For cooking, we will need the following ingredients:
- strawberry — 500 grams;
- the sand is sugar — 300 grams;
- gelatin — 10 GMS;
- sprig of dried mint (optional).
1. Sterilize jars and lids.
2. Strawberries need to sort out, to cull poor-quality and good wash.
3. The berries are put in the pot, place sugar.
To enhance the taste, you can add a sprig of fresh or dry mint. Then we will remove it. And put the saucepan on low heat. After a while, the strawberries will let their juices, start to form foam, which should be removed. And so, after boiling, cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Then, remove the pan from the heat, if added mint, it pulls.
5. Next, take a blender and divide them berries. Should get a homogeneous mass.
6. Again put the pan on the fire and cook the jam for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and skimming.
7. The same time, pour the gelatin in a bowl and pour a small amount of warm water. Mix well, should not remain lumps.
8. And so, 10 minutes have passed, remove from heat and begin stirring constantly with a spoon, gradually introduce gelatin.
9. Again, put on fire and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
10. The jam is ready, pour it in jars, cover with lids and roll. Let cool down.
By the way, you probably already noticed that the jam is liquid. But, it is only while it’s hot, when it begins to cool — will begin to thicken!
I strongly advise you to cook and taste the jam from Victoria, all types are represented in the article. And choose the best recipe for the preparations for the winter.
What are the differences between strawberries from Victoria and strawberries?
In fact, all of these berries collection strawberry. Strawberry — hatched by growing wild strawberries in the gardens (the so-called nutmeg strawberry). She took a larger view by crossing the green berries garden-type crossing with a small forest.
Then, a garden strawberry. By crossing strawberry virgin strawberry with the Chilean. She won the hearts of many gardeners due to larger berries and increased hardiness. And already the gardeners care for the garden strawberry, in terms of increasing yields, later it turned out the so-called Victoria. All home berry. Nevertheless, Victoria is a variety of strawberry that fell in love with gardeners gardeners for its cold tolerance, endurance in the harsh winters of Russia. At the same time, Victoria has larger shrubs, broad leaves. However, the large flowers turn into large berries.
In fact, all the shops in a season scored by different families of the STRAWBERRY.
Because, to grow the strawberries separately — not profitable. It is less productive in contrast to Victoria. The fact is that Victoria is a monoecious plant. And Bush as the female flowers and male. And when they are pollinated, there is a crossing and the berries are very large and all the bushes productive. The strawberry little yield, because it is a dioecious plant and bushes are either male or female flowers. And to get at least some yield, it is necessary that the garden was planted 30% of the male Bush for pollination. Otherwise there will be no harvest! Especially, strawberries berries are small, but Victoria is a large.
It turns out that those who believe large berries strawberries, mistaken. Really is nothing else like Victoria (the modern bred berry family strawberries. The so-called Strawberry). And strawberry usually grows in the fields, and has fine views. In industrial conditions it practically does not grow. It is not profitable. Some gardeners lovers of real Victoria, have a small gryadochki real strawberries to make strawberry jam now. But many garden bushes it will not weld. Real strawberries are harvested in the fields!
The strawberries and strawberry forest is characterized by the fact that the strawberries ripe with labor breaks with the stem. And usually, it is either with a stalk will be in a bucket or umbrella and the stem. Yet they taste different and it looks a little different than strawberry. In the photo below, you can see:
But how to distinguish You, this berry, and what you like the most?..
Save the article in social networks: