Growing vegetables for many gardeners seems like a simple. But what if, in addition to the balcony, the apartment is nothing or the construction of greenhouses in the country are too expensive for the family budget?
There is a very simple and cheap way — planting in plastic bottles. Follow this instruction and you will soon acquire a luxurious kitchen garden on the windowsill.
Seedlings in a bottle
- plastic bottles
- metal wire
- the soil for planting
2. Put a marker mark where there will be holes.
3. Cut the rectangle on the side wall of the bottle. The neckline should not be too deep.
You can make hanging beds. To do this, and let the holes for the plants 1 cm and make the punctures for fastening metal wire.
4. Do 8 punctures on the bottom of the bottle and usipi the bottom with gravel for drainage effect. If you’re going to hang the bottle or put on the window sill, take care of the pan.
5. Mound in a bottle the soil in which you plant plants.
WHAT YOU CAN GROW IN THE BOTTLE
1. In plastic bottles, usually planted plants with short roots. Start the experiment with Luke, because he is the most unpretentious.
2. Lettuce grow well with abundant irrigation, preserving the bright flavor and juiciness. Be sure to make a drainage and pick up a bottle of the desired size. Seeds hidden in the ground to a depth of 1 cm, covered with soil and cover with clingfilm before crop emergence. After 3 weeks you can expect a green harvest.
3. Many gardeners are happy to resort to this method of growing strawberries. There are a lot of advantages: the weeds don’t bother, the risk of the disease is reduced, and also the berry is almost no need to spray. Making this simple design of a plastic bottle, you can get a good harvest right on the balcony.
It is advisable to use ready-made planting soil specifically for fruit crops. In a container should be planted no more than a single Bush. Specific recommendations for the care of the strawberry is not, it requires standard measures on watering and feeding.
4. Fresh crunchy cucumbers can be grown without leaving the apartment. Prepare soil: it should be porous and friable, you can buy in the store. For cucumber it is necessary to take on 2 bottle or 5 liters, so the plants had room.
Fill in with soil, cut the top of the container, drop in it the seeds or seedlings and place the lid down (after removing it) on the bottom part of the bottle. In the lower part of pour water so that the throat of her reach. Cucumbers in bottles require the same concerns as the greenhouse. You can also grow cucumbers in the bottles as shown in the picture.
Now that you know how to grow vegetables in plastic bottles, you can enjoy fresh herbs from your balcony.
Save the article in social networks: