The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 8:
- In Russia the number of infected sixth day in a row increases by more than 10,000 people.
- Facebook and Google allow employees to work remotely until the end of the year.
- Australia has outlined a three-step plan for easing restrictions.
- The who study: 190,000 people in Africa can die from the virus.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 187 countries and claimed the lives of 270 404. The numbers continue to increase.
According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 3 875 995 cases of infection, 1 296 175 recovered. Figures may be understated and inaccurate as they passed by the different governments and mass media, in addition to this, there is no single Protocol for their estimation.
The number of new cases of coronavirus in Russia increased by 10 699 in the last 24 hours. In a nationwide the figure was 187 859. According to the latest data of the Russian center for response to coronavirus crisis, the death toll in Russia reached 1723.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 259 108
- Spain — 221 447
- Italy — 215 858
- UK — 207 977
- Russia — 187 859
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 75 852 death (of which 26 144 in the city of new York)
- United Kingdom — 30 of 689 deaths
- Italy — 29 958 deaths
- Spain — 26 070 of the deaths
- France — 25 990 deaths