The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 11:
- In the world recorded more than 4.1 million cases of infection.
- Some European countries remove restrictions, imposed because of the pandemic.
- In Spain the death rate is falling.
- In Russia has registered more cases than in Italy.
- The South Korean authorities are trying to contain a new outbreak associated with the nightlife district in Seoul.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 187 countries and claimed 283 861 life. According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 4 142 970 cases of infection, with 1 427 179 recovered.
Millions of people across Europe felt a small relief. In France, members of the public were able to go outside without filling in the permission for the first time in eight weeks. Spain hot spots, such as Madrid and Barcelona remain locked, but in other cities you can now go to bars and restaurants on the summer terrace. In Switzerland has opened primary and secondary schools, as well as shops and restaurants.
In Ukraine today began the first stage of release from quarantine. In the country, opened parks, and also in a restricted mode will work salons and barbershops.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 334 951
- Spain — 224 350
- UK — 224 327
- Russia — 221 344
- Italy — 219 814
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 79 699 deaths (of these, 26 of 641 in the city of new York)
- UK — 32 of 140 deaths
- Italy — 30 739 death
- Spain — 26 621 death
- France — 26 233 death