The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 14:
- The number of suicides in Japan has decreased during the quarantine.
- The Chinese authorities are planning to test every resident of Wuhan city, where the outbreak started.
- In Moscow, more than 60% of deaths from the coronavirus in April was recorded as death due to “alternative reasons“.
- Brazil has overtaken France for the number of cases COVID-19 and is now at 6th place in the world ranking.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 188 countries and has claimed 298 392 lives. At this point the numbers continue to grow.
According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 4 387 438 cases of infection, 1 565 606 recovered.
According to official data Moscow, more than 60% of patients who died of coronavirus in April, died from “obvious alternative cause“, among which are called myocardial infarction, stroke, cancer, leukemia, kidney failure and other deadly diseases.
Now Russia, which recorded 252 245 patients with COVID-19, ranked second in the number of confirmed cases in the world after the United States. While the death toll from the coronavirus in the country 2 305 people is one of the world’s lowest mortality rates.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 395 265
- Russia — 252 245
- UK — 234 431
- Spain — 228 691
- Italy — 222 104
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 84 313 death (of which 27 477 in the city of new York)
- UK — 33 692 death
- Italy — 31 106 deaths
- Spain — 27 104 death
- France — 27 077 deaths