The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 18:
- Italy and Spain recorded the lowest death toll since the beginning of March.
- Him and Merkel will present a joint recovery plan of the EU.
- In the US, nearly 1.5 million confirmed cases of infection.
- St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican is open to visitors.
- For the first time since may 1, in Russia the number of cases fell to less than 9 thousand per day.
- Brazil is on the 4th place by the number of cases after the UK.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 188 countries and has claimed 277 316 lives. According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 4 758 937 cases of infection, 1 754 891 recovered.
Some European countries began the process of removing the locks. Italy re-opened bars, cafes, restaurants and hairdressers — the social measures of distance. In Spain almost three quarters of the country moved to the second stage of weakening of quarantine now allowed to meet in groups of 10 people and come to the cafes and restaurants on the terraces.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 491 547
- Russia — 290 678
- UK — 247 706
- Brazil — 244 135
- Spain — 230 698
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 89 874 of death (28 of them 232 in the city of new York)
- UK — 34 876 deaths
- Italy — 007 32 deaths
- Spain — 27 709 deaths
- France — 28 111 deaths