The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 19:
- In the United States recorded more than 1.5 million cases and more than 90 thousand deaths.
- The number of cases of coronavirus in Russia is approaching 300 000.
- Trump is threatening to freeze funding for the who “forever“.
- Brazil has overtaken the UK to become the third country in the number of cases.
- The head of the IMF believes that full recovery of the economy in 2021 is unlikely.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 188 countries and has claimed 319 213 lives. The numbers continue to grow.
According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 4 836 329 cases of infection, with 1 805 093 persons recovered.
Russia announced on 9 263 new cases per day — the fourth day in a row recorded at least 10 000 patients. The Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Mikhail Mishustin, who returned to work on Tuesday, may 19, after a positive test result for coronavirus, said that the country has stopped the growth of new infections, but warned that the situation remains “difficult“.
According to the head of the International monetary Fund, the global economy will require much more time to fully recover from the shock caused by a novel coronavirus, than initially anticipated.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 510 988
- Russia — 299 941
- Brazil — 257 396
- UK — 247 709
- Spain — 231 606
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 90 of 432 of death (28 of them 339 in the city of new York)
- UK — 34 876 deaths
- Italy — 007 32 deaths
- France — 28 242 death
- Spain — 27 709 deaths