The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 26:
- The number of cases in the world has exceeded 5.5 million
- Who warns of “second peak” in areas where Covid-19 is reduced.
- In South Korean court has jailed the man who refused quarantine.
- Andrea Bocelli claims that he overcame Covid-19.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 188 countries and claimed the lives of 347 587. Number and counting.
According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 5 534 728 cases of infection, while 2 258 161 recovered. Real figures differ from the official in connection with the inaccuracy of counting in different countries.
The world health organization said that the countries in which the incidence of coronavirus infection is reduced, may still face “another quick peak“, if too early they will refuse measures to curb the outbreak.
“We can’t make projections only on the fact that, if the disease is in the stage of decline, it will continue to decline, “—said the head of the who emergency Dr. Mike Ryan said in an online briefing.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 667 154
- Brazil — 374 898
- Russia — 362 342
- UK — 266 590
- Spain — 236 259
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 98 371 death (29 229 in the city of new York)
- UK — 37 130 deaths
- Italy — 32 877 deaths
- France — 28 460 deaths
- Spain — 27 117 deaths