President of El Salvador Najib Boekel stated that he had taken for the prevention COVID-19 hydroxychloroquine, despite the criticism of the drug, and called for a review of the international recommendations for this medication.
Last Saturday edition of the Lancet published an article about the trial protivomaljarijnye of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine against COVID-19, which stated that using these drugs or mixtures of them patients died more often. After that the expert group of the world health organization has suspended trials of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine against COVID-19 due to the increased risk of mortality.
“I take it for prevention, I will continue to take it, and I humbly ask to review this Protocol (medical assistance – ed), because doctors apparently continue to use it with positive results,” said Boekel.
“I use it for prevention, President (USA Donald) trump uses it for prevention, a large part of the world leaders use it for prevention,” he added.
Boekel noted that the recent purchase of hydroxychloroquine in the amount of 575 thousand dollars was justified as at the time the drug was considered the most effective as well as it can be used to treat other diseases.
Previously, trump has come under fire, saying that taking hydroxychloroquine, which he advertised as a remedy for the virus. Then trump released a letter from his personal physician, who said that the President takes the medication on his advice.
In El Salvador, was 2 042 cases of infection with coronavirus, 36 people died.
Relevant data on the situation of COVID-19 in Russia and the world presented on the portal stopmanager.of the Russian Federation.