The main news about coronavirus COVID-19 on may 27:
- In Brazil, the second day in a row, there are spikes in the number of fatalities from the virus — daily kills more patients than the USA.
- Moscow will ease restrictions on coronavirus Monday, June 1.
- The UN predicts a 70 percent drop in world tourism this year.
- The EU offers a package restore $ 1.85 trillion euros ($2.03 trillion) to member States whose economies have suffered as a result of the pandemic.
Coronavirus COVID-19 spread in 188 countries and claimed 352 674 life. According to the latest Johns Hopkins University, there are 5 639 960 cases of infection, while 2 321 400 people recovered. Real figures differ from the official in connection with the inaccuracy of counting in different countries.
Previous global crises have led to a decline in tourism by 10-20%, but during a pandemic Covid-19 the situation worsened, said the Secretary-General of the world tourism organization (UNWTO) Zurab Pololikashvili. This summer more and more people will travel by land and not by plane, and will give preference to tourism in the mountains and not the beach.
According to him, the UNWTO expects the resumption of new international flights starting in September, if by then the virus will be under control.
The Executive body of the European Union offers a recovery package $ 1.85 trillion euros (1.65 trillion pounds) for member States whose economies have suffered as a result of the pandemic. Reportedly, the main beneficiaries proposed by the European Commission EU funding will be Italy and Spain the most affected countries-EU members.
Statistics from countries where confirmed by the largest number of cases COVID-19:
- USA — 1 685 955
- Brazil — 391 222
- Russia — 370 680
- UK — 268 615
- Spain — 236 259
Statistics on countries with the highest mortality rate now looks like this:
- USA — 99 674 death (29 350 in new York)
- UK — 37 542 death
- Italy — 33 072 death
- France — 28 533 death
- Spain — 27 117 deaths