Dill – tasty seasoning, which can improve the taste of almost any dish. But gardeners find the main advantage of the plant is its simplicity. It can grow even by self-seeding without requiring weeding and frequent watering. However, to enjoy the aroma of fennel all year round, you need to dry. How to do it properly we will describe in this master class.
Need to collect the dill before it is flowering. When you start to tie the seeds of all power plants will go into their formation, and the greenery will begin to turn yellow. If you are afraid to miss the moment before, but the green mass you will get smaller.
Tear off clumps of dill with the root, carefully, without raising dust from the soil. With it rinse with cold water before starting the drying process.
The algorithm of the workpiece dill
1. The entire harvest of green clean from weeds.
2. Put the fennel on a cutting Board in small bunches, cut off the stems.
Manually removes the remaining. On the table should remain only the tender sprigs of dill.
3. Begin to shred.
Movement do with a knife, retreating at the same distance, approximately 0.5 cm.
4. Forms and trays lay out pieces of newspaper. They pour the dill.
It should lie loosely, loosely.
5. Take out the greenery in the sun. Under natural conditions the dill to dry for 3-4 days.
Don’t forget at night to make the trays under the canopy to the morning on the green is not settled dew.
6. The willingness of dill to long-term storage is defined manually.
Fully dried herbs will be brittle and will crumble in your hands.
Dried dill pour into glass jars.
Them stored in a dark place. This will prevent yellowing of the dressing.