Harvard Professor Dr. Andrew Weil has developed a unique technique of relaxation, thanks to which even the most restless people will finally be able to afford the luxury of quickly to sleep. Is this technique of 6 simple rules. What exactly — read our material.
Source: Power Of Positivity
According to research by Gallup, only 41% of Americans regularly get a full 8-hour rest. That is the amount of time doctors recommend to be given to sleep to maintain the body in tone and to restore the day of power.
If a person sleeps less than the recommended time, and do almost all people today, he will meet many unpleasant consequences. It is established that from lack of sleep worsens the immune system, accelerates the aging process, increases the risk of various diseases, including diabetes and obesity.
The main “enemies” of a man in pursuit of a full bed — computer, smartphone and TV. Because of the constant contact screen gadgets strain the optic nerve, and it prevents you fall asleep quickly. In addition, the influence of sleep and many other factors — bright lights, the excitement, the stuffiness in the room and so on.
To avoid the negative consequences of “lack of sleep” and get a night’s rest the maximum benefit, it is sufficient to follow a few simple rules:
- Assume a comfortable position on the bed. The tip of the tongue press to the underside of the top row of teeth. Hold it in this position all the time;
- Open your mouth and exhale all the air. Language continue to hold in the same position. As a result, you should get a sound like “fuuuuu”;
- Then close your mouth and take a slow deep breath into 4 accounts;
- Hold your breath and count to 7;
- Exhale through your mouth (tongue is still at the top row of teeth), mentally count to 8;
- Take a normal breath and repeat this cycle again.
In this video from 1:08 minutes, shows in detail the technique of Andrew Weil called “4-7-8”. The Professor promises that after four or five repetitions of a cycle, most people begin to fall asleep.
However, Weil cautions that in the first days of use of relaxation techniques, a person can experience a slight dizziness, but soon the unpleasant symptoms will disappear.
The secret is that usually we breathe superficially, which leads to a lack of oxygen and increase of heart muscle contractions. Naturally, because of this, it is very difficult to sleep.
Deep breathing, which recommends Professor Andrew Weil, relaxes nervous system and reduces anxiety. Due to this, sleep comes much faster.
Here are a few tips that will help you to stop “fidgeting” and relaxation:
- At least an hour before sleep turn off all the gadgets, put the phone down and turn off the light. So the body gets the signal that it’s time to relax;
- It is advisable to ventilate the room before you go to bed. To fasten the heating. There is a theory that in a cool room people sleep best;
- Provide yourself with complete silence. If your partner snores, buy earplugs;
- Save sleep mode. Try to go to bed at the same time. Soon the body will get used to it and sleep will be much easier.
And you sleep 8 hours a day? Do you have your secrets sleep?