Greetings to all homemade lovers and those who just looked at the site in search of interesting ideas in their own way. Today I come to you with a homemade dacha. In the article below I will present to your attention the author's project on construction small greenhouse. Its author made for his wife, who loves to grow not only seedlings of vegetables, but also grows flowers on the site. The design is simple, it looks aesthetically pleasing, and besides, it is also a fairly budget option. You can verify this from the description. And so off we go, as usual we will start with materials and tools and gradually move on to the construction process.
* corrugated plastic roofing sheets (polycarbonate can be used);
* screws ( for fixing sheets to the frame);
* ready-made cement blocks;
* pine boards with a section of 50×75 mm (with this you can improvise to choose the most suitable option for yourself);
* OSB boards;
* fine gravel;
* paving stones (optional).
* miter saw;
* drill (you can use a screwdriver);
First of all, the author prepared a site for the construction. I removed the sod layer. As follows, he leveled and tamped the soil layer. I installed four blocks strictly at the same level in the corners. For this he used a board and a level. I mounted a 208×226 cm frame from boards on blocks.
Step 2 .
Next, the author started preparing frames for the walls. From the same board as the base frame, the author assembled four frames, two identical. The length of each one matches the dimensions of the sides of the base frame. The height of the side racks is 120 cm. On the end frames, the author immediately mounted the opening for the door frame, it is about 100 cm higher. In any case, the dimensions are general and can be adjusted. The author fixed the finished frames on the base and connected them together with long self-tapping screws.
Step 3 .
After the base of the frame was ready, the author mounted the rafter system. First, I fixed the boards at an angle on the end frames, then I connected the tops with a crossbar, and only then, I connected this crossbar with the upper crossbars of the side frames with boards, three on each side. On the finished roof frame, I fixed corrugated roofing sheets, with an allowance for the side walls to the middle of the height.
The author also sewed up the rear end wall with plastic sheets, starting from the ridge and up to the middle of the wall. The bottom of the building, as well as small triangular openings in the pediments, were sewn up with OSB plates. Inside the greenhouse, the author laid the material, unfortunately, he does not indicate that, in my opinion, this is spunbond. Also at this stage, the author assembled the door frame from the boards according to the size of the opening. I sewed it up with the remnants of corrugated roofing material and fixed it in place on the hinges. Please note that the author does not talk about this, it is already clear how the area around the greenhouse has been ennobled. The soil is plowed up, plants are planted (apparently flowers), and the borders of the flower bed and lawn are lined with stone. Looks pretty aesthetically pleasing.
Now let's move on to decorating the greenhouse inside. From the remnants of a timber (they are not in the list of materials, this is from the author's reserves) and boards, the author mounted shelves, two on each side. The author nailed a crossbar to the end wall and fixed the hooks on it. They store garden tools and some items for the care of seedlings. Racks are used to accommodate containers, watering cans and other containers for planting. The author covered the floor with gravel and laid four large slabs.
Another important point. After using the building for a short time, the author drew attention to the fact that there is practically no ventilation in the greenhouse. Therefore, the design had to be slightly modified. The author made opening sidewalls (those parts of the walls that were sewn up with plastic sheets). They had to be fixed a little differently. The author bought ready-made metal mechanisms, two on each side. I attached plastic elements to them through wooden lining, this is very clearly visible in the photo. Then the mechanisms themselves were attached to the racks. To prevent the wind from undermining the lifting parts of the walls in the closed position, the author installed latches.
That's all, quickly, simply and neatly. If you like the idea, put the class and take notes. To everyone who read to the end, thank you for your attention. I wish you all good luck, see you again at Samodelkin's!