HealthUSA

Parents warned: he started pneumonia due to popcorn lung

Mother of three children from the state of Colorado shared in Facebook history-a warning to parents whose kids love popcorn. Her son he called pneumonia. That’s how it was.

Nicole and Jake Goddard from Colorado three children grow up. Every weekend, they love to cook a big bowl of popcorn and watch funny movies with your family. According to Nicole, a recent viewing of the Comedy turned to horror when their son Nash (2.5 years) started to choke.

“He issued a gag sound, my husband Jake immediately jumped up, grabbed him and was preparing to do the Heimlich maneuver the method of suffocation, but then Nash started to breathe,” — says Nicole Goddard.

According to her, they did not see the Nash coughed up the popcorn, so I supposed that the child swallowed it. But it wasn’t.

Over the next few hours Nash started coughing. The family thought it a common cold or virus, the next day the child began to have a fever. My parents took Nash to the hospital because his breathing was very difficult.

In the hospital the child was sent for surgery. His lungs stuck 6 very small pieces of popcorn, and pneumonia.

Posted by Nicole Johnson Goddard on Sunday, February 24, 2019

Nicole and Jake had no idea that children under the age of 5 years are not strong enough to cough up pieces of food, such as popcorn.

“If I knew, I would not have given him it. I think that many other parents also give children popcorn, so I decided to share this story and to warn dad and mom”, said Nicole.

The child has had pneumonia after he inhaled a piece of popcorn updated: March 7, 2019 author: Alina Dykman

Source:usa.one
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button