Dog rescued from collapsed Seattle home six days after avalanche


A canine was recused Thursday from a collapsed home in a Seattle neighborhood ravaged by avalanches final week — six days after being presumed useless.

“It’s mommy,” a weeping and overjoyed Didi Fritts says time and again when a fireman emerges along with her black lab Sammy from the leveled Magnolia home, footage exhibits.

“Oh my baby. My baby,” Fritts coos to her pet within the footage.

Fritts and her husband received their first glimmer of hope when eagle-eared neighbors heard a whimper from amid the rubble earlier within the day, according to KING 5.

“We [heard] a little cry this morning, and then didn’t hear anything when the fire department was here with the chainsaws,” household buddy and neighbor Remy Olivier informed the station.

The responders labored for hours to take away particles and bulldoze their strategy to the lounge, the place 3-year-old Sammy was final seen, in keeping with the station.

Sammy was presumed dead after the home collapsed six days ago.
Sammy was presumed useless after the home collapsed six days in the past.

The shaken canine perked up when she noticed her proprietor, licking her face within the emotional reunion, which was captured on digital camera by the outlet.

Vets examined the canine and the hearth division stated she was in steady situation after being trapped within the catastrophe scene for six days.

“We took apart the entire floor, pulled her out and she had just enough room to survive so she wasn’t crushed … I guess she was surviving on rain water the past couple days,” Oliver theorized.

The Fritts's cliffside home in Seattle.
The Fritts’s cliffside home in Seattle.

James and Didi Fritts survived the home collapse, however James, who was trapped inside, stated one of many household’s canines died, and Sammy was presumed to have additionally been killed.

The miraculous rescue — which entailed breaking via flooring and partitions — was precarious, officers stated.

“Because of the landslide that happened last week it is not safe to enter the home so we are exercising extreme caution with our crews,” Seattle Fire Department Public Information Officer David Cuerpo informed the station.

Comments are closed.