Singapore’s COVID-19 cases in April are all of the Omicron variant

SINGAPORE: All COVID-19 cases sequenced in Singapore in April had been discovered to have been contaminated with the Omicron variant, the Ministry of Health (MOH) mentioned in its day by day replace on Thursday (May 19). 

Of the native infections, 99 per cent had been of the BA.2 variant and its lineages, which embrace BA.2.12.1. The remaining 1 per cent was contaminated with the BA.1 pressure and its lineages.

Among the imported cases, 98 per cent had been of the BA.2 pressure and its lineages which embrace BA.2.12.1. 

One per cent was of BA.1 and its lineages and the different 1 per cent concerned recombinant lineages which embrace the XJ and XE variant.

A complete of 101,480 native and imported infections had been reported in April. They embrace two imported cases of the BA.4 variant, mentioned MOH on Thursday.

The Health Ministry had on Sunday reported Singapore’s first two group cases of BA.4, together with a neighborhood BA.5 an infection. Both these Omicron subvariants had been first reported by South Africa in early 2022 and have since turn out to be the dominant variants there. 

Health Minister Ong Ye Kung mentioned on Wednesday that the discovery of new Omicron subvariants is “not a surprise at all”, as it’s identified that the virus that causes COVID-19 will proceed to mutate.

“What we learnt from the knowledge and findings of scientists is that BA.4 and BA.5 have a transmission benefit over BA.1 and BA.2, he mentioned, noting that for this reason the two subvariants have been categorised as variants of concern by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

“But more importantly, so far, there has been no evidence that the BA.4 and BA.5 will cause more severe illness,” he added.

According to scientists in South Africa, the variants can dodge antibodies from earlier an infection however are far much less in a position to thrive in the blood of individuals vaccinated towards COVID-19.

Knowledge of the variants stays restricted, with the World Health Organization including them to its checklist for monitoring earlier final month.  

BOOKMARK THIS: Our complete protection of the COVID-19 pandemic and its developments

Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the newest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram

Singapore's COVID-19 cases in April are all of the Omicron variant

Source : channelnewsasia.com

Related Posts

Watch Katie Price Leaked Video Goes Viral On Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram

Watch Katie Price Leaked Video Goes Viral On Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram Having escaped from jail, Katie Price is again now. Hundreds of viral movies are showing…

Fate: The Winx Saga Season 2 Release Date Time On Netflix Confirmed When Will It Premiere?

Hello, all of the leisure lovers, so, one of the vital engrossing exhibits titled Fate: The Winx Saga is producing buzz after it revealed its first look….

Check Attack Part 1 World Television Premiere WTP Channel Name Date Time TV Schedule

Hello, all leisure lovers, so, one of many most-awaited films are arriving on the tv display screen to engross all of its viewers. Zee-Cinema is likely one…

Twomad Belle Delphine Twitter Video with Donkey Kong Costume

Belle delphine twomad video has been trending on-line at the moment and as everyone knows that Delphine creates spicy content material on OF in addition to on…

LKK VS DD Dream11 Prediction Live Score TNPL 2022 Playing XI Fantasy Cricket Tips Toss Winner

Hello, all of the cricket fans, lastly the conflict of the night goes to carry between LKK vs DD underneath the Shriram TNPL 2022. As time is…

Check Today’s Teer Lottery Result 26-6-2022 Juwai Khanapara Shillong 1st & 2nd Round

Hello, all of the money-makers, lastly the second has arrived which you all have been impatiently ready for, because the division of Teer lotteries is ready to…