Space heater blamed for sparking upstate NY blaze that killed six dogs

6

A defective house heater is being blamed for a hearth that gutted a Poughkeepsie storage this week, killing six dogs inside, hearth officers stated.

Firefighters responding to the two-alarm hearth Tuesday doused the flames shortly, however not earlier than the half dozen pups within the storage have been killed by the blaze, Arlington Professional Firefighters Local 2393 stated in a Facebook submit.

“One handling was put into operation, and the fire was under control in less than 15 minutes,” the submit stated. “Multiple dogs were housed in the detached garage. Unfortunately, 6 dogs died in the fire.”

“However,” the union stated, “firefighters rescued 3 dogs, which are now in the care of local animal hospitals.”

In a report Wednesday, the Poughkeepsie Journal said that native hearth officers decided that the house heater sparked the hearth.

A distance view of the garage where the fire occured.
Though six dogs perished from the hearth, three have been rescued by hearth officers.
News12 New Jersey

The hearth got here two days after a malfunctioning house heater was blamed for sparking a large hearth within the Bronx that killed 17 individuals and injured dozens of others.

Comments are closed.